Functional Area(s): Engineering
Job Description: OVERVIEW
1. Drive Productivity Through Strategic Use of Technology
2. Provide Tactical Operations Support
3. Manage Electrical and Controls Architecture
4. Support/Manage Electrical and Controls Capital Projects
5. Provide Strategic Operations Support
6. Drive Development of Internal Resources
7. Manage Relationships with Contractors and Integrators
8. Maintain the plant electrical safety program
• Investigate refinement and enhancement opportunities for the plant
processes, systems and facilities. Evaluate their economic feasibility.
• Provide technical assistance to reduce/eliminate issues associated
with equipment, performance, quality and safety.
• Provide troubleshooting support to operating departments and
• Ensure the efficient operation of process and packaging systems via integrity and reliability of control systems throughout plant.
• Provide electrical/controls leadership for capital project execution.
• Ensure that projects meet operating expectations and are completed within authorized budgets and schedule constraints.
• Ensure designs and installations conform to plant and GMI standards.
• Interface with corporate personnel, engineers, vendors and operating technicians to effectively develop and implement system design improvements.
• Work with, lead and mentor mechanics, electricians, and control
technicians, and work with the training manager and department manager in designing and providing manufacturing support and technical skills to all personnel sufficient to meet the needs of the technically advanced manufacturing operations.
• Establish relationships with contractors and carry out procedures based on site and corporate engineering standards in the highest professional and ethical basis.
• Interface with corporate controls engineering team; ensure compliance with corporate controls initiatives and standards.
• Ensure projects are executed with the proper safety devices per OSHA, NFPA 70E and GMI Corporate Standards
• Work with the Quality department to ensure all installations and projects meet the quality and sanitation requirements of the plant.
• Establish relationships with the System Engineers (SE) and Process
Action Teams (PAT) to address issues
• Help develop the capital plan, and manage obsolescence in each area of the plant.
BS Degree in Engineering from ABET-accredited program; EE or ChE preferred.
5+ years related experience.
• Strong hardware application, programming and integration experience with the following Hardware/Software:
o Wonderware Intouch, InSql, DAS, and System Platform
o AB (Allen Bradley) Control Logix, PLC5, SLC; Panelviews;
Panelview Plus’, InCuity, and RSLinx
o AB and Indramat Servo Controllers;
o Serial, RIO, DH+, Ethernet, ControlNet and DeviceNet Communications
o Knowledge of computers, servers and Windows Operating Systems;
o VFDs; Load Cells; Metering Feeders; Control Valves, Level,
Pressure, Temperature, Flow, Position, Presence devices and other common field devices.
• Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• AutoCAD experience is preferred.
• Ability to interpret and apply the NEC, NFPA 70E, GMI Corporate and other standards to the plant equipment and projects.
• Strong project and project management skills, including estimating,
scheduling, quote request generation, bid analyses, cost tracking
and compliance, project issue resolution, installation and start-up support, and training.
• Solid experience in Leading and Managing Electrical Contractors and Third Party Controls Integrators as part of major capital project initiatives.
• Experience with Process Control, Packaging Control, Equipment
Specification and Panel Design.
• Ability to troubleshoot PLC’s at the code level and troubleshoot equipment and wiring.
• Willing to provide support off shift and/or on weekends to support 24 hour plant operations, as needed.
• Understanding of and experience with power distribution and
associated equipment (120V, 208V, 230V, 240V, 277V, 480V, 4160V) is preferred
• Demonstrated strong communication abilities and interpersonal skills
• Proven leadership skills
• Demonstrated flexibility/ adaptability
• Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong organizational and follow-up
• Ability to train and pass skills on to others.
• Technical Excellence
• Demonstrated Influence Management Skills
• Commitment to CI (Continuous Improvement) and use of the tools to
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2012 global net sales of US$16 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
Location: Belvidere, IL, US
Job ID: 51596921