Functional Area(s): Manufacturing
Department: General Mills has over 25 manufacturing plant locations across the U.S. With a focus on continuous improvement and reliability, our plants deliver high-performing, innovative productivity with an uncompromising commitment to employee safety and product quality. Opportunities in production and maintenance leader roles, continuous improvement, and plant management provide exciting careers that leverage strong leadership and technical skills.
Job Description: General Mills is seeking an Operations Business Manager to be responsible for coordinating between Supply Chain and the Marketing Division to deliver the Division strategy through leveraging supply chain resources and initiatives on existing businesses and in support of new products. This candidate would be accountable for cost and service while fostering excellent collaboration across all functions and plant locations.
In this role you will:
Lead beyond Supply Chain to enable the Marketing Division to exceed strategic goals through:
• Delivering and ensuring strong pipeline of cost savings ideas
• Delivering key supply chain metrics for the business supported: Cost per case, Service, Quality, material waste, etc.
• Collaborating with teams to enable profitable new product ideas and lead launch activities
• Participating on business teams to develop new strategies and innovative ideas
• Collaborating and supporting plants and contract locations
• Engaging and enabling Phased Progression; lead vertical start up processes for projects
• Bachelor’s degree required. Engineering, Industrial Technology, Business or Management major preferred
• 5-7 years of plant manufacturing management experience
• Demonstrated experience using Continuous Improvement or related strategies (Lean, TPM, Six Sigma) to drive performance
• Strong leadership skills including the ability to implement change, influence business strategies, and resolve conflict
• Ability to travel up to 20%
**Relocation benefits offered!
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2012 global net sales of US$16 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Job ID: 52045271